This section covers the concepts of thin-edge.io, starting with the problem to solve and presenting the building blocks used by thin-edge.io to build flexible solutions.
- The MQTT Bus to interconnect the entities making up a device: software components and hardware.
- thin-edge.io JSON to be standardize the communication over the MQTT Bus.
- The Agent to implement the device management features.
- The Mapper to connect a device to the cloud.
- Extension Points to extend thin-edge.io to specific application domains, operating systems or hardware.
Overview of the how/what/why/who of thin-edge.io
📄️ Typical IoT Agent
A typical IoT agent running thin-edge.io
📄️ Digital Twin
Overview of what a digital twin is and how it is used
📄️ MQTT Bus
Overview of the MQTT Bus
📄️ Thin Edge JSON
Overview of the thin-edge.io JSON basics
📄️ The Agent
Overview of the fundamental components that make up the thin-edge.io agent
📄️ The Mapper
Overview of the core component which interfaces with the cloud
📄️ Software Management
Software Management with thin-edge.io
📄️ Architecture FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions about core architecture decisions