This section covers the concepts of thin-edge, starting with the problem to solve and presenting the building blocks used by thin-edge to build flexible solutions.
- The MQTT Bus to interconnect the entities making up a device: software components and hardware.
- Thin Edge JSON to be standardize the communication over the MQTT Bus.
- The Agent to implement the device management features.
- The Mapper to connect a device to the cloud.
- Extension Points to extend thin-edge to specific application domains, operating systems or hardware.
Thin-edge is an open-source IoT development toolbox
📄️ Typical IoT Agent
📄️ Digital Twin
Thin-edge provides the tools to build
📄️ MQTT Bus
Thin-edge uses a combination of MQTT and HTTP to coordinate the interactions
📄️ Thin Edge JSON
Thin Edge JSON is a lightweight format used in thin-edge.io to represent telemetry data:
📄️ The Agent
Thin-edge agent is a set of services that implement the device management operations on a device.
📄️ The Mapper
The tedge-mapper is a key concept to support multiple cloud providers.
📄️ Software Management
With thin-edge.io you can ease the burden of managing packages on your device.
📄️ Architecture FAQ